Thursday, July 23, 2015

Rag Wreath For a Little Girl's Room




The Pinspiration:
I wanted something cute for my little girl's door... and found some ideas on pinterest.  I LOVED this one... especially the gold polka dots, colors, and the bird... since this is the theme for our little one's room.



https://www.pinterest.com/pin/71776187788097792/

Supplies:
I lucked up at JoAnn's and found a roll of already cut 2.5 inch strips of fabric in the color scheme I wanted.   I also got some extra scrap pieces with some other colors I wanted to work in.   I had trouble finding the gold polka-dot material, so I ordered a 1/4 yard online off of etsy.  And it was perfect.
You'll also need a wire wreath.  You can find them on Amazon or at a craft store. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Wreath-Frame-12--Green/dp/B004BPTGUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437675141&sr=8-1&keywords=wire+wreath

First off I cut all of my strips... it's a pretty tedious process but at least they don't have to be perfect :)
they are 2.5 inches wide and 8 inches long.


Next up you start tying them in knots.  Nothing complicated.. just knots.  ha I try to complicate things. 
You could do a pattern.. but I just did at random since I started that way... I just tried to make sure to mix them up.  You'll finish a section and push them as tight as you can, filling in until you fit as many in the section as possible.  This gives it the full effect.

Then you'll flip it over and push your fabric to the front so that you only have knots in the back.  This isn't as important on the inside ring, but will be more important on the inner rings.  




Continue until you fill each section.   To save on fabric... I only did the inside ring and the 3rd ring (no the outermost ring, but the one before that.   I still think it had a great full effect and you can't see any of the wire ha so it works for me! :)

Husband got home from work while I was working on it, helped me cut a longer piece of fabric since he's better at straight lines, and decided our pup needed a bow wrapped around her head.  haha poor Kaia... funny husband. I'll include it for the cuteness... I mean.. awwwww.


The finished Product :)  Well... minus a ribbon for hanging.. a bow.. and a bird ;)   I'll update that later. 





No comments:

Post a Comment